[blindkid] Problem with Orion TI-36X Talking Scientific Calculator when in Statistics Mode

Richard Holloway rholloway at gopbc.org
Tue Sep 2 12:55:21 UTC 2014

Meg,

I suspect more information may increase your odds at getting a useful response. I’m not quite following it saying the first number then the answer, then the rest of the number. Perhaps you can post the brand and model of the calculator.

If you can find someone with the exact same model (or find another one where you bought this perhaps?) what you probably want to do is duplicate the exact same situation with a duplicate calculator to try and determine if this is a defective unit, or of there is a design issue.

In fact, a precise example might be appropriate— a specific calculation that doesn’t work as expected, and the specific result you get.

If you can tell the manufacturer that when I enter the problem “a+b" and I anticipate “=c” and instead I’m getting “a+b=x” (obviously a random example for discussion), and then follow up with— this happens on your unit and not others, or this happens on multiple units, then they will have something to respond to.

If, for example, you tell the company you have a defective unit, but it is a design issue, they may send you a replacement that does the exact same thing...