[blindkid] VisioBook

Leah Pratt Roberts hikingshoes at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 12:59:13 UTC 2014

My son has one on loan for homework. There are some things that make the VisioBook not ideal for distance use:

-The camera does not turn left-right, so to scan at all you would have to put the entire device on a lazy Susan.

-the camera does not have a clamping system to keep it in a selected vertical position. It sort of clicks into a straight forward position, but if you needed to scan vertically it would be a problem.

-there is no camera focus (that we know of), so distance viewing is often out of focus.

It seems like the distance function of the VisioBook is best for something like occasionally referring to a wall chart (hundreds chart, periodic table) that has been set up to be in focus and directly forward.

There are other devices more appropriate for classroom use. Basically they are what you said - a camera combined with a projector.

HTH

Leah