[blindkid] VisioBook

IftheShew Fits barnesraiser at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 13:08:39 UTC 2014

Thanks, Leah! Do you happen to know of a camera that you would recommend?
I'm looking for something with a USB cord, so it can plug into a laptop
computer. We could get a small 12" screen laptop (to replicate the Visio)
that would be super lightweight and thin, or we could get something a
little larger without adding too much bulk. In any case, I'm looking for a
good camera... it seems like the best so far is a 2.0 or 3.0 megapixel and
I need a good *optical* zoom.

I tried a little experiment with my iPad, using the camera feature with the
zoom, pointed at various objects. My mini iPad failed the text miserably!
In regular indoor light, I can zoom in but cannot read with any clarity the
clock on the microwave or anything else. It's just too grainy. So I need
something that works in low or regular light, too.

Cost is not all that important... to a point! lol!

Thanks for any thoughts!

:) Carly