[BlindKid] NFB Convention

Coccovizzo,Linda A Linda.Coccovizzo at MCCKC.EDU
Tue May 28 17:00:06 UTC 2019

I won't be renting a vehicle, because I am blind as well as my daughter, but I would be happy to share the cost of a trip to a store with someone, or combine a delivery with someone else who isn't going to be driving. We will stay at the convention hotel, because I think transportation costs to and from wouldn't be worth it, and we can get to and from activities easier. I have a hot logic mini that I use for work, and I am thinking about picking up another one, or even two before leaving. I want Terra to have as much freedom as possible. For her first time, in especially as big a place as this hotel is, I will be a bit nervous. We will probably have an adventure trying to locate one another as well. I am hoping she will meet people and make friends, and she will be able to spend as much time networking and having as much fun as possible.

Linda Coccovizzo
Seasonal Project Coordinator
Metropolitan Community College
Office: 816-604-1442
3200 Broadway, Kansas City, MO 64111
linda.coccovizzo at mcckc.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: BlindKid <blindkid-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Bernadette Jacobs via BlindKid
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 11:47 AM
To: Blind Kid Mailing List, (for parents of blind children) <blindkid at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Bernadette Jacobs <bernienfb75 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [BlindKid] NFB Convention

My husband and I are taking both of our children with us to National Convention as well.

One thing we do is, we actually only eat onee meal out per day if we can help it.

Last night, we went online to find out about groceries...  They do have a Wal-Mart super center relatively close by.  I’m actually putting together a shoping list ahead of time so that we can either cab, UBER, of LYFT to and from the store.  Sometimes, you can share with another adult or parent, get a bigger vehicle so you can share the cost of the load.  That’s what we do.  I know that some people bring instant oatmeal and/or dry cereal for breakfasts.  Save your “breakfast bar coupons and use them there as well.  My daughter is sixteen and we have agreed that she must check in with us whenever she switches activities and she must answer her cell phone whenever we try to get her and if she doesn’t there are definitely consequences—only for her safety.  My daughter has learned the ropes pretty well now.

Enjoy Convention.

Bernie

Sent from my iPhone