[BlindKid] Participate in the contest: start tracking Braille pages!
scascone at nfb.org
Sat Dec 5 15:31:04 UTC 2020
Hi everyone! This may be my first post to this list, so hello! I am a parent to a 16-year-old blind/multiply disabled child. This email is to let you know that the Braille Readers Are Leaders contest is in full swing, but there is still time to register. Below is more information. Have a great day! – Stephanie
[American Action Fund for Blind Children and Adults logo][National Federation of the Blind logo and tagline live the life you want]
Registration is Still Open for the Braille Readers Are Leaders Contest
Join the American Action Fund for Blind Children and Adults and the National Federation of the Blind in this contest to promote Braille. K-12 students and adults learning Braille across the U.S. compete to read the most Braille pages, going against other participants in similar contest categories.
Encourage more Braille. Improve reading skills. Win prizes.
Register now! Learn more about the Braille Readers Are Leaders contest<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=19161&qid=4598818>.
* Register: For each student who enters, a certifying official (parent, teacher, etc.) must submit a registration form any time between November 1, 2020 and January 18, 2021.
* Category: Select a grade category or adult category: K-1, 2-3, 4-5, 6-8, 9-12, or adult.
* Record: Participants log the number of Braille pages read between December 1, 2020, and January 18, 2021, on a reading log.
Prizes and Gifts
* Contest Prizes in each grade category are: first, $25; second, $15; third, $10.
* Additionally, an award of $25 will be given to students who face barriers to learning Braille and demonstrate great determination in their journey to literacy such as an English learner or having multiple disabilities
* Every contestant will receive a gift bag of Braille-related items at the end of the contest.
For the complete contest rules, registration form, and the reading log form, visit the website: actionfund.org/BRAL<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=19161&qid=4598818> or call (410) 659-9315.
Join us as we continue to promote Braille throughout the nation, a cornerstone mission of the American Action Fund for Blind Children and Adults and the National Federation of the Blind.
The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.
More information about the BlindKid