[blindlaw] Issues using Jaws and Westlaw in the last 24 hours.

Brian Unitt BrianUnitt at holsteinlaw.com
Thu Aug 10 16:37:21 UTC 2017

Josh,

When you are in your browser, press JAWS key plus v to bring up the quick menu of JAWS settings.   Tab to the tree view, arrow down to "virtual cursor options," and then the second option after that will be copy and select.  This can be toggled between "select and copy from virtual cursor" or "full content using onscreen cursor" using the spacebar to toggle between these options.  The first option gives you just the plain text.  The second gives you all the formatting and graphics associated with the text as it appears on screen.  I use the first option, because the full formatting and graphics makes a mess in WordPerfect, and you can also have the problem of winding up with more or less text than you thought you had selected.  MS Word users may have a different experience.

Hope that helps.

Brian
Brian C. Unitt
Holstein, Taylor and Unitt