[blindlaw] Please sign to support accessibility legislation for New Zealand

Áine Kelly-Costello ainekc at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 03:42:50 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I’m a blind recent university grad from New Zealand. I’m working on a campaign for creating a robust legal foundation for accessibility here in NZ. I’m delivering an open letter with our request to our Minister for Disability Issues in a week and I’d really appreciate if you could take a moment to sign it and share widely. You can be from anywhere to sign, and great to show our govt that the world is watching! Unlike the US, Canada, the UK, Australia and others, New Zealand does not have disability or accessibility-specific legislation and we want this to change.

Please take a moment to sign the open letter here:
http://www.accessalliance.org.nz/open_letter

The campaign is led  by the Access Aalliance, a coalition of twelve disability organisations in New Zealand. This is still early, pre-public-consultation stages, but you can find more info on what the Access Alliance is calling for/proposing here:

http://www.accessalliance.org.nz/the_accessibility_act
Thanks very much in advance for your support.

Best wishes,

Áine