[Blindmath] A famous Texie has a change of heart

Susan Jolly easjolly at ix.netcom.com
Sat Nov 7 00:34:14 UTC 2009

This recent Tex User's Group interview with Sebastian Rahtz, who worked with
TeX for 15 years, is fascinating.

http://www.tug.org/interviews/rahtz.html

"SR: When the great Jon Bosak revealed the first draft of XML at one of the
SGML meetings, it just seemed so right that I knew this was the future. It
was not that TeX-the-engine was wrong, just TeX-as-input-language.

DW:     TeX-as-input-language....?

SR:     I mean that writing documents using backslashes and braces is just
not on any more. I don't mind writing style files like that, but for an
input document I want a syntax I can validate..."