[Blindmath] LaTeX editor

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Mon Nov 9 23:18:59 UTC 2009

Hello,
One editor which is said to be very good (its still on my list of want
to learn but never quite get round to it) is emacs. I know this is very
easy to set up and get running on linux and I believe it is possible on
windows although I haven't tried emacs on windows. Also if you do choose
to use emacs, then may be look at emacspeak (http://emacspeak.sf.net).
Emacspeak is meant to be much better than using a screen reader with
emacs as it is working from within the editor and so can gain more
information about what is going on.

Alternatively if you want something more windows like then try edsharp
(I don't have the URL to hand, I think it has been mentioned on this
list before so try looking in the archives).

Michael Whapples