[Blindmath] Scanning Math

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Mon Apr 12 16:46:44 UTC 2010

I think Roopakshi has summed it up well. There are a few additional options
which could be considered but I think they may not be as desireable as those
already suggested.

* Having a reader, the drawback being that the student only has access to
the material at the specified time (fine for in class but not good for home
work).
* Recordings, I guess if your used to them they may be workable but I feel a
bit clumbsy when dealing with maths.
* Dotsplus (good if working from a word document), the problem is that
unlike Braille it uses tactile graphical symbols so needs an embosser
capable of it, the Tiger printers can do it but whether you have one
available to use or if you feel its worth investing in one is something I
can't answer.

Michael Whapples