[Blindmath] Introduction

Salisbury, Justin Mark SALISBURYJ08 at students.ecu.edu
Thu Jun 17 01:36:29 UTC 2010

Hello,

    I am a new member to this list, and I would like to meet the rest of you who are on it.  I am a math major at East Carolina University, and I'm very much interested in applied math.  I am trying to figure out the perfect field for myself to enter.  I'm thinking that statistics might be it, but I also like economics quite a bit, too.  I'm thinking about getting a PhD and teaching applied math at the college level.  Does anyone have any thoughts for me about avenues to explore in applied math or career options for someone with math skills?  I am curious about engineering, and I am also on the science and engineering division's mailing list.  Anyone who would like to talk to me about careers in applied math, please respond!

Thank you!

Justin

Justin M. Salisbury
Undergraduate Student
The University Honors Program
East Carolina University
salisburyj08 at students.ecu.edu

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."    -Aristotle