[Blindmath] Introduction

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 17 02:07:48 UTC 2010

Hi Justin! -- great to meet another math major. I was a math major, but that
was back in the 80s.  I got my degrees in math and computer science and got
a software development job.
You say you like statistics. Immediately when I hear that I think of all the
complaints I hear on this list about statistics packages not being very
accessible.  Perhaps if enough people pound on it, this will change.
I personally always detested statistics -- I was a pure math major who loved
theory and proofs.  I know, the eternal battle between pure and applied
math...*smile* I thought of all the jokes about statisticians trying to use
math to "bend" the truth rather than discover it.
But don't worry -- I have an open mind...*smile*

Anyway, good luck in your major.
--le