[Blindmath] Student workshop in Austria

John Gardner john.gardner at orst.edu
Tue Jun 22 15:18:20 UTC 2010

Hello all.  I sent a notice to the list several months ago about a two day
free workshop for students who want to learn about modern technologies for
accessing and doing math and science.  See
http://www.icchp.org/programme/summeruniversity
for details.  The workshop is to be held in Vienna, Austria on July 12-13 as
part of the International Conference on Computers Helping People with
special needs (ICCHP).  The workshop and conference language is English.

Participants in the student workshop, with the grand name of Summer
University, will get free registration for the full conference (July 13-15).
At this point there are more instructors enrolled than students.  If any of
you students are wealthy enough to go to Vienna this summer, you would be
most welcome.  Unfortunately there are no funds to support travel or local
expenses, which of course is a major problem for most students.

If you have any possible interest, feel free to contact me,
john.gardner at orst.edu.  I have been attending ICCHP for many years, and it
is an excellent conference with broad international participation.  I hope
Summer University will be the first of a new excellent tradition there too.

John Gardner