[Blindmath] Statistics

Maria Aranguren mariaara at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 3 20:18:33 UTC 2010

Hi Peter,
You have come across a big issue for students with visual impairments and their teachers.  It is a situation that is improving very slowly but has a long way to go toward equal access.  You might want to check if your university has a membership with Access Text  www.accesstext.org    The AccessText Exchange lets you share and access formatted files from peer libraries and major repositories.  If your book is there it may cut down on the formatting time freeing up your disabilities services center to concentrate on the braille translation.   Best of luck to you.
Maria Aranguren
Western Suffolk Boces, New York