[Blindmath] Questions re InftyReader from a Novice

Roopakshi Pathania r_akshi_tgk at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 23 15:44:09 UTC 2010

Sarah,

Although Bert has already suggested good options for extracting pages from PDFs, I have a different method.
I use an application called PDFHelper that splits and merges PDF files.
The application is a freeware and is available from here.
http://www.rptea.com/freeware.aspx
You can directly download it from here.
http://www.rptea.com/pdfhelper.zip
The zip contains 3 files.

-	The executable application itself. It doesn’t need to be installed, and you can run it without even extracting it.
There are only 3 buttons: START, HELP and EXIT.

-	The control.txt file. This determines the way your file is split or merged. So if you have a PDF with exactly 400 pages and you want to divide the book into chunks of 100 pages each, here is what should be written in the control.txt labeled file without inserting spaces anywhere.

1-100,test1
101-200,test2
201-300,test3
301-400,test4

-	A Readme explaining the procedure. I’m pasting only the relevant content here.
How to Run:
Just run PdfHelper.exe directly
PdfHelper will create c:\temp\pdfhelper as working folder if it’s not there

How to Split PDF with control file (data driven splitting):
1. Clean c:\temp\pdfhelper\input folder first
2. Put just one PDF file and control.txt (control file name has to be control.txt) in
c:\temp\pdfhelper\input folder
3. Launch PdfHelper.exe
4. Click Start
5. The results will be in c:\temp\pdfhelper\output

Regards

“When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that
nothing has happened or in saying that we are not ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to
decide whether or not to accept our destiny.”
~ Paulo Coelho