[Blindmath] Making Mathtype documents in Word accessible

Andrew Stacey andrew.stacey at math.ntnu.no
Sat Dec 3 18:03:27 UTC 2011

The first thing that I want to say is that is the most awful LaTeX that I have
ever seen!  If that is what the process produces as it's LaTeX "output" then
I'm not surprised that you are looking for another system.

That said, this does look like the sort of thing where my system might be able
to help as the idea behind it is to convert LaTeX to "something else" by using
LaTeX itself to do the conversion.  So all that would need doing is for
someone to tell LaTeX that you want, say, \int to be written as "Integral" and
then you could run LaTeX on the equations to convert them to something
suitable.

This would take a bit of work to get to work properly, though, as, for
example, LaTeX likes to run on whole documents, not snippets.  Also, it would
need considerable configuring at the start.

As Neil's suggested another way that is working for you then I don't recommend
this.  I mention it in case there are others for whom Neil's method wouldn't
work.

Andrew