[Blindmath] Tactile graphing "calculator"

John Gardner john.gardner at orst.edu
Mon Sep 19 09:56:04 UTC 2011

Hi Ben.  You ask:
"Also, would Iveo be able to render a plot, say such as an SVG and
convey its shape to me tactilly?  fooplot.com does seem to have an
SVG option and I'd love not to have to emboss every single equation
that I want to visualize."
JAG: You can certainly use IVEO Creator to input SVG from your application,
but you still need to emboss it.  You would need to use VOICe or the Audio
Graphing Calculator for audio visualization without embossing.  Have you
tried using Excel to produce those graphs?  You can use TSS to convert Excel
labels to braille and then emboss them.  This is pretty quick once you make
the Excel graph.

John Gardner