[Blindmath] A 3d to 2d description resource?

Pranav Lal pranav.lal at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 16:08:02 UTC 2012

Hi Michael,
<snip Are you sure you have never encountered a picture of a tree in a 2D
representation? The VOICE uses a 2D representation from what I know (stereo
headphones, left and right, vertical position pitch in sound). So you tell
us what a tree is like in 2D compared to the act of feeling it.
PL] A good point. I tend to forget that I do not have depth perception when
using the vOICe. I have now reached a stage where I can almost imagine what
an object is like in 3d when I see it with the vOICe. I can do this
successfully with relatively simple things like fences, walls etc. As for
feeling and seeing, it is hard to tell. There are too many environmental
clues when I have seen a tree or touched it. Still, I have seen enough
pictures of plants so will think some more and reply again.

Pranav