[Blindmath] Base ten block symbols

Lewicki, Maureen mlewicki at bcsd.neric.org
Sun Feb 9 12:17:23 UTC 2014

KC are you the teacher or preparing the materials?

As a TVI, when I do these, I use the word, and show the students the manipulatives. The point of pictures of the blocks is to remind the sighted children of the blocks they have hopefully seen and had hands on time with, so I also make sure my student uses the base 10 blocks at their seat.

If you reproduce the blocks each exercise can go on for pages, and will overwhelm the student. Manipulatives are best.

Maureen Murphy Lewicki
Teacher of the Visually Impaired
Bethlehem Central Schools
700 Delaware Avenue