[Blindmath] mathematica accessibility

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Sep 19 16:42:35 UTC 2016

I manage the research servers for the University Of Wisconsin Department
of Mathematics. I have never had a request for mathematica but a lot of
people use the open-source alternative, sage.  If mathematica is not
accessible, maybe you can get your instructor to let you use sage instead.

Around here, there is a mixture of instructors who feel it is their duty
to have the students use free, open-source tools if possible and those
who don't want to be bothered with it. There are some instructors who
would leap at a chance to start using sage instead of something each
student has to purchase and others who would refuse to fiddle with it.