[BlindMath] UEB Math History/Methodology

Bill Dengler codeofdusk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 23:07:14 UTC 2017

As someone who may need to learn math Braille at some point, I’m also very interested in this topic, particularly for deciding which math code to use. I tend to use LaTeX for most things (I’m a synthesized speech user) because it’s unambiguous and easy to convert to pretty-looking documents for sighted people. However, Braille math has its advantages (as people on this list have told me) and knowing whether to use Nemeth, UEB, or some combination of the two for my personal notes would be useful (interoperating with others isn’t that important to me; that’s what LaTeX is for). Seeing pros and cons from those more experienced with *both* systems of math Braille would be great.

Bill