[BlindMath] help with website name

Godfrey, Jonathan A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Wed Jul 19 15:28:05 UTC 2017

Lukasz,

Thank you for the compliments, even if they are a little over the top. They do not reduce my moral or philosophical objection to promoting a business that seeks to solve problems that do not need to be solved.

I offer my time freely to people in need because I believe in community, and the open source movement. I have been doing so on this list for ten years and I know there are others that have served this community in this manner for even longer. I do however, charge professional rates to businesses, government agencies, and other institutions as part of my professional practice. As this is a business venture on your behalf, I suggest to you that seeking buy-in from experts is something you should see as a business expense. I will take a look at your solution when it becomes available, but I will certainly not do so if it will cost me money; I won't charge your business for my time either because access to software is an interest of mine.

I will advise individuals against using a "solution" until such time as I see proof from verifiable experts that the solution is warranted and actually delivers something that is worth paying for.

Perhaps if you had offered this service free of charge, I'd be more supportive. Would  you consider offering this interface to people for free over the next six months so that you can see if it is really warranted and gave the community an opportunity to evaluate it?

Jonathan