[BlindMath] Scanning braille for sight reading

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Jul 25 14:01:59 UTC 2017

I'm taking a braille class through Hadley School for the Blind. I am
trying to submit my homework assignments as scanned images of braille
pages for the instructor to sight-read. The instructor asked me to scan
them as photos but I don't know what that means. Does anybody have
experience scanning in braille and can tell me the best format, mode,
and dpi settings? I sent my instructor tif line-art at 300 dpi which
works well for OCR but that didn't work for sight-reading braille.

John G. Heim; jheim at math.wisc.edu; sip://jheim@sip.linphone.org