[BlindMath] [nfbcs] Science division reach its 2017 STEM scholarship goal

Donald Winiecki dwiniecki at boisestate.edu
Wed May 10 15:37:36 UTC 2017

Developers of websites can seed their code with search terms that Google
then captures and uses in its pagerank algorithm.  Savvy website developers
can do a lot to promote the visibility of their websites in this way.  I
think this is pretty-much expected and state of the art by now.  I don't
know if Google or other search tools do anything to pro-rate websites that
do such seeding.

The outcome is that a Google (or other) search is not necessarily an
adequate means to locate reliable data

But I will add my concern over the consideration that pay is the only, or
the primary, valued attribute of jobs.  Research in behavioral psych has
indicated that above a certain level of compensation, pay is not usually
considered a rewarding factor.

*Quality of life doesn't come only from salary.*

*Of course we're now getting into the shoulders of William's initial
statements -- as should be the case.  It is only when we start looking
around the issue that we identify what are the factors that allow it to be
an issue at all.*
Best,

_don

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don Winiecki, Ed.D., Ph.D.
*Professor of Ethics & Morality in Professional Practice*
Boise State University, College of Engineering
Dept of Organizational Performance & Workplace Learning (OPWL)
1910 University Drive, Mail Stop 2070
Boise, Idaho 83725-2070 USA
E-mail: dwiniecki at boisestate.edu
WWW: http://opwl.boisestate.edu