[BlindMath] Latex?

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Jan 29 17:08:16 UTC 2018

Right. I used to teach a mini-course on latex at the University Of
Wisconsin. But the department decided it was not worth while because
most students already know it or they pick it up on their own. One
larger point to be learned here though: Students are expected to do a
lot of self-study these days. You're just expected to do things that
might have been considered extra credit years ago. College always was
different from high school in that way but I think the difference is
even greater today.

If I was you I wouldn't b too worried about teaching myself latex
though. It's way more tedious than difficult. If you work hard enough at
it, you'll be able to get latex. To get a climatology degree, you'll
have to learn things way more difficult to comprehend than latex.