[BlindMath] Latex?

Mike Gorse mike at straddlethebox.org
Mon Jan 29 17:39:36 UTC 2018

Fwiw, I don't think that I ever really spent a lot of time on learning
LaTex Specifically. My first exposure to it had to do with taking math
classes and needing a way to read quizzes and tests. In a lot of cases, my
professors were using LaTeX to write the tests that they printed out and
handed out to their students, so, rather than giving me a printed test,
they could give me a disk containing their original LaTeX file so that I
could read it with a screen reader. It probably wasn't the most efficient
way possible to read math--having Nemeth may have been better--but it
allowed me to read the math. I eventually started to use LaTeX to write
papers (partly because I mostly wasn't using Windows and didn't want to
use Word, but it tends to be used in academic circles anyhow), and I would
learn how to do things as needed.