[BlindMath] JAWS and MathML

Greg Williams greg.williams.1978 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 16:26:19 UTC 2019

Hi,
I was reading math content with JAWS and tried going into Math Viewer by
pressing enter, but it did not seem to work. I have JAWS 18 and tried it
with Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer 11. After pressing enter, it
would repeat the title of the webpage, and then moving the arrows would
do nothing. Pressing numpad plus told me that the PC cursor was active,
and I have to turn virtual cursor back on in order to use the arrow keys
again. I even restored JAWS back to original settings in case that was
the issue. I used the JAWS MathML examples page at
https://support.freedomscientific.com/content/html/jawshq/MathML-Samples.html
I also tried installing a demo of JAWS 2019 and still did not have any
success. Is there something I am missing, or does anyone have any ideas
as to why it may not be working? This is in Windows 10. Thanks.
Greg