[BlindMath] Update on braille and calculus strategies…

Emily Schlenker eschlenker at cox.net
Mon Sep 23 20:53:04 UTC 2019

Hi, everyone! I am happy to report that I used my Perkins on Friday to take my calculus quiz and the results are in! My grade went up about 20 points from the average of my last four quizzes! My professor is very supportive, and I braille out the steps and the answer and then read it to her. This way, I get feedback and a grade fairly quickly after finishing. Switching to manual brailling could not of come sooner, we are doing implicit differentiation, and the lines of equations are huge! Thank you to everyone for being so supportive on this list. I am so excited to continue with calculus, and I am really looking forward to learning some good mental math techniques from some of you.
Emily

Sent from my iPhone