[BlindMath] markdown

Godfrey, Jonathan A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Sun Aug 9 21:32:16 UTC 2020

Yes, my typo in the original was picked up and spat the first warning.

The suggestion to remove the offending } works, as would adding the corresponding { to enclose the upper end of the summation indicator. Snippet is ^{n}
Both options work, but...

I seem to automatically have mathjax rendering as part of my workflow. You will need to add a small bit on the end of your command: --mathjax

The missing title doesn't really matter for the purposes of testing. When you get to writing up proper documents, then you'd be adding all manner of content, including a title, author etc. Add the following three lines to the top of the markdown file:
---
title: "testing"
---

I have to admit that I wasn't planning on conducting a tutorial via this list which I suspect is out of line. I use a particular flavour/extension of markdown in conjunction with R. People just wanting to make accessible documents do not need my workflow, but finding a suitable suggestion that suits the beginner is taking some time. I do not suggest a software solution unless I am prepared to deal with the potential flood of messages wanting guidance on that software. That means I suggest tools I use frequently, and/or after thorough testing of software that is new to me.

Jonathan