[BlindMath] 4 May: Seminar: Physical programming for young children with visual disabilities

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Mon May 3 15:24:14 UTC 2021

Hi

Here's information about a seminar tomorrow about physical computing for
young children with visual disabilities. It's being given by Cecily
Morrison of Microsoft who is "a Principal Researcher at Microsoft Research
Cambridge. Her recent work focuses on designing inclusive experiences for
people who are blind or low vision. She co-led the team that designed Code
Jumper and she is currently engaged in developing assistive agent
technology in Project Tokyo."

Here's links for the seminar and the sign-up page.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/computing-education-research-online-seminars/#physical-programming-inclusive
https://form.raspberrypi.org/f/research-seminar-sign-up

Here's links to Code Jumper, Project Torino and Project Tokyo (none of
which I've not seen before).
https://news.microsoft.com/innovation-stories/project-torino-code-jumper/
https://blogs.microsoft.com/ai/project-torino
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/project/project-tokyo/

Apologies for the short notice (I could have done better). I'll let you
know when the video recording becomes available.

with best regards

Jonathan