[BlindMath] Any Affordable Tactile displays to analyze graphs and charts

Neal neal at duxsys.com
Wed May 12 16:41:19 UTC 2021

FYI: Not sure if this will work for your needs but,

~$2,500US gets you 9 lines of 40 cells
 Canute 360 built by http://bristolbraille.co.uk/
Full Spec at:
https://github.com/Bristol-Braille/canute-ui/wiki/Canute-360-Technical-Speci
fication

US DEALERS INCLUDE:
https://www.dancingdots.com/
https://www.atguys.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=34&produ
cts_id=312
http://www.americanthermoform.com/product/canute-braille-ereader/

>From their lit: MUSIC, MATHS, TABLES, DIAGRAMS & LITERATURE
Canute 360 is ideal for use at home, the classroom or the office.

Literature, musical notation, charts, graphs, mathematics, tables and
spacial diagrams. All these are hugely more practical on a nine-line
refreshable Braille display than a single line display, ream of embossed
paper or through text-to-speech.

For schools and educational institutions Canute can drastically increase
availability of Braille material. It reads all pre-formatted Braille Ready
Files (BRF) and Portable Embosser Files (PEF), meaning you can read texts
from Bookshare, the RNIB Library or any other Braille library in the world.
Using transcription software such as Duxbury DBT or Braille Blaster any
digital text file can be transferred to and read on Canute.

The Canute's 'hard' signage quality Braille makes Canute ideal for beginners
and young children learning Braille.

Cheers,
Neal