[humanser] HOLIDAYS & QUESTIONS

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Mon Dec 1 16:00:39 UTC 2008

JD,

I would not jump to the conclusion that the 1GB of memory is the problem.  I am aware of problems that people have encountered with forms in Word, and you might
even find that your sighted counterparts find them slow.  However, sometimes additional problems arise because forms are "Protected" documents.  You might see if
you can get an "unprotected" version and see if that makes a difference.  Also, if nothing else works, trying the demo of System Access is worth a try.  My feeling is
that System Access is not going to be an adequate replacement, but if we point out to JFW and Window-Eyes areas where System Access outperforms them, the
problems will almost certainly be corrected quickly.  Competition does that.

If all of this fails, how picky is your employer about the appearance of the forms and how complicated are they?  Rather than creating your own form from scratch,
saving a text version from the Word document might get you results sooner.  Also, sometimes there are particular aspects of forms in Word that make them perform
poorly.  I know that GW Micro is very responsive to customers when presented with problem forms and documents.  They can't always fix the problem, but they are
good at making problem areas known to Microsoft.  Freedom Scientific probably does the same but my experience is less with them.

Good luck.