[humanser] marfans in San antonio?

Quinto Sanchez sanchezq at prodigy.net
Sat Aug 22 03:17:33 UTC 2009

Hello everyone this is my first time posting as I am a new member. I write from San Antonio TX. is anyone from SA? A little about myself: is that I am 30 yrs. old Aortic root replacement and Aortic  valve inserted; have lost my vision due to Retinal detachment. I am a Licensed professional counselor intern. I haven't associated much with the Marfan community but rather, I tend to have associated more with the blind community only because blindness has given me more immediate troubles than what Marfan has. Ofcourse, Marfan is the underlying reason for my blindness but, thanks to God I have adapted really well to having Marfans and I have been pretty stable other than the year of 1998. However, I would like to begin associating more with the Marfan community. I have learned a lot from reading you alls posts. I learned I have what you all call "brain fog". A Neurologist named them seizures and put me on tegretol a Seizure med but, no one ever associated my dream like state with B Blockers or Marfan.

kindly,
Quinto