[humanser] marfans in San antonio?

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Sat Aug 22 09:23:17 UTC 2009

Hi Quinto,

My name is Merry and I, too, have Marfan Syndrome.  Like you, my problems
have been with my eyes.  I have had the retina tear and detach 6 times, 3
cornea transplants, and other surgeries with the eyes due to complications
of Marfan Syndrome.  My daughter and grandchild have both had surgery on
their eyes; however, they have had great success.  I attribute this to
advances in medicine as well as them both having the surgeries when very
young.  My grandchild will have another surgery in the near future and I
pray for great success.  I am blessed to say that I have had no ill effects
on my heart and do not take beta blockers.

Good luck with your internship.  I am starting the MSW at the University of
South Florida (Tampa campus) on Monday.  I am very excited and am looking
forward to the challenge.

I receive a newsletter from the National Marfan Foundation, you may find a
chapter or listserv from them  Here's their website:
http://www.marfan.org/marfan/
Hope it helps,
Merry Schoch