[humanser] New Year!!!

Mary Chappell mtc5 at cox.net
Thu Jan 1 00:04:02 UTC 2009

Happy New Year to all!
I am hoping someone may have a little creative experience to lend. I work as the group counselor on a general psychiatric unit at a local training hospital. I will be working tomorrow and will need to run 4 groups. I offer an expressive therapy group, knowledge and skills, relationship, and themed group.   Often for expressive therapy I infuse music. Tomorrow is the first day of a brand new year and I was looking for some creative twists for the group experience. Any ideas? The current census is 12 and the population ranges from those with suicidal ideation (intense), to homeless individuals who may express ideation because it's cold outside, to individuals contending with command auditory and visual hallucinations, to substance abuse (SIMD), to dementia... you name it. Any ideas for my group work tomorrow would be greatly appreciated.
Happy 2009 to you all.
Warmly,
Mary