[humanser] Hello everyone

JD Townsend 43210 at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 7 04:39:38 UTC 2009

Hello & Welcome Teal:

I would seek a Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Sociology or in
rehabilitation.  The benefit of the social work option is that it will
enable you to do a very wide range of professional positions, including
rehabilitation.  I found that almost every liberal arts course was helpful
in developing my career.  Literature and music classes enhanced my ability
to attend to words and rhythms, while sports and math gave me an
appreciation of rules and logical thinking.  It is all grist for the mill.
The one class I would especially look at is Sociology, this class will give
you a background that will support your future plans.

The nice thing about a BA in Social Work is that it will shorten a Master's
degree Social Work program from two years to one.

Best of luck.

JD Townsend, LCSW
Daytona Beach, Florida, Earth, Sol System