[humanser] Hello everyone

Jonathan Alpert jna3434 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 7 15:18:23 UTC 2009

HI teal, and welcome to this news list.

I think that we all have our own stories and we can all give you our own
opinion but you have to find what is best for you.
  I actually got my BA in criminal justice and only after that, did I
realize being a lawyer wasnt really for me and I tried my hands in
counseling and it fit me well and so I have just kept with it getting a
graduate degree and an advance grad degree in psychology counseling.

If I could do it all over again, I probably would. There are so many more
options  being a socialworker than a counselor.
 Plus, and I have not figured it out yet, but the levels of being a
counselor do not equal those in the socialwork field. Meaning, what you can
do with a BA in social work, you need a master's in counseling.

Keep on with the socialwork degree.
   good luck and take care

Jonathan