[humanser] Life after college

Lindsay Yazzolino lindsay3.14 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 00:48:05 UTC 2009

Hi Everybody!

My name is Lindsay Yazzolino, and I am currently a junior at Brown
University. I am concentrating in sociology as well as Spanish
(language and linguistics), and am considering either a Master's of
social work or a Psy.D once I finish my undergraduate degrees. In
particular, I am considering working in mental health, adoption, or
the criminal justice system. I know that I would like to work
primarily with adults, and at this point am most seriously considering
clinical social work. I definitely would like to work outside of the
blindness field. I am very interested to hear from those of you who
are students and professionals in psychology/social work, and to learn
more about your experiences in college, finding employment and working
in the field. I am specifically wondering about the following:
(A) What types of experiences as an undergraduate prepared you for
graduate school, and what would you recommend for current
undergraduates in the areas of coursework, internships, networking,
etc.?
(B) What challenges have you encountered as a result of blindness, and
what solutions have you found?
(C) For those of you who are professionals, what have you found to be
the most rewarding and challenging aspects of your work? And
(D) Do any of you know of others in the field who might be willing to
discuss their experiences with me?

I look forward to hearing from many of you. I would hate to clutter up
the list if others have asked similar questions, so feel free to
e-mail me offlist if you think that doing so would be most
appropriate. Thanks in advance, and I look forward to hopefully seeing
some of you at national convention!

Lindsay

Lindsay Yazzolino
E-mail and MSN: Lindsay3.14 at gmail.com