[humanser] Disclosure about Blindness to Clients

JD Townsend 43210 at Bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 1 04:19:53 UTC 2013

Hi Gerardo  & List:

What a facinating experience.  I can imagine many causes for the child's
behavior, mostly defiance and manipulation of her mother.  You as a
professional were not the cause of the child's reaction, but an excuse for
her out of control behavior.  It is important that we don't play into the
client's pathology, but recognize that a horrified reaction to us is an
example of their mental status.  As you develop in the field their
transferential reactions may play into our counter-transference and mess
with our own mental status.

Keep up your confidence, your skills and abilities.

JD Townsend LCSW
Helping the light dependent to see.
Daytona Beach, Earth, Sol System