[humanser] Examinations

Carmella Broome cdbroome at att.net
Tue Nov 26 17:59:39 UTC 2013

When I took the NCE and the  national MFT exam  (both in 2005), I  had extra time and a reader/scribe. On one of them, I had one person reading and one person taking  down the answers.  That was the NCE.  The reader was not familiar with the material  so I had to ask her to spell some things to make sure I knew for sure what she was  saying.   Taking the MFT was much better.  I had one  person who was both reader and answer marker.   She was more familiar with the material and  was a better reader. I passed them both the first time.

Now,  my boss wants all of us to take the  CMHC exam so we can be  Certified Mental Health Counselors. TriCare is wanting its counselors to have this credential and it   specifies the focus on clinical counseling, I guess.  So, I'll soon be looking into how  that's going to need to happen in terms of accomodations for the test itself, accessible study materials, and so on. We'll see.

Carmella Broome EdS LPC LMFT
http://CounselorCarmella.WordPress.com
Author of Carmella's Quest: Taking On College Sight Unseen (Red Letter Press 2009)
http://CarmellasQuest.LiveJournal.com