[humanser] Examinations

Ericka Short ericka.short at wi.rr.com
Tue Nov 26 22:57:13 UTC 2013

Congratulations!

Here in WI  we have to take an online, open book test for state statutes and
regs.  there is no accessible format for the code of regs and state statutes
except online.  It's been really difficult to flip from one page to another
and sift through the statutes to find the answers.  I have MAGic with
speech.  Needless to say I haven't submitted it yet.  Any suggestions to
make this easier?  I did call the state to make them aware that the book
with the stats needs to be in an alternative format.  I talked directly to
the printer of the  book copies.  He was never requested to create an
alternative format  for the code book but was very willing to work on that.
He thanked me for calling this to his attention.  Whether an alternative
format actually happens, who knows, but this man sounded sincere and if it
doesn't  come to fruition at least I know it wasn't him.  I'm going to write
to my state legislators.  They are very supportive of disability
independence, can't say  much about the  rest of the legislature or the
Gov.

For the legislative committee, can unified regulations for accessibility be
something to look into?  There is a lot of things in WI that need to change.
I don't even get foodShare or  Medicaid info in an alternative format.  They
say yu can, but WI  sees a language barrier as a disabling condition not
loss of sight.

Ericka J. Short
262-697-0510

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". Philippians 4:13

"No hand is too small or too big to do good in this world." EJ. Short