[humanser] Greetings

Dr. Mary Chappell mtc5 at cox.net
Sun Dec 7 17:22:05 UTC 2014

Doug Lee, I so appreciate how your analytical mind works. You have a keen
capacity for broadening issues while narrowing our focus. Thank you.
Merry, my apologies for my lack of interaction on the list, I have been
seeking my own sanctuary for serenity, peace and solace. I respect the
consideration of a name change and am a firm believer of the mind-body
connection. For centuries the debate over the seperatness of the mind and
physical being has raged on. In my role of mental health professional who
works under the auspices of the medical model in a hospital setting, I
recognize the necessity of synthesis and integration. Doug spoke to the
pragmatic reasons for merger and, beyond practicalities, there is great
benefit in assessing our work from the perspective of the whole being. I
vote for Health and Human Services and would propose subcommittees
representing the specializations of discipline, if deemed necessary.
My humble thoughts.
Mary Tatum Chappell, Psy. D.