[humanser] pitching to the state

JD Townsend 43210 at Bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 5 13:55:11 UTC 2014

Hi,

While I like your premise, making it a success will take some hard work to
justify the state's expense.

Several years ago I provided a service to the Florida Division of Blind
Services as a contractor.  I provided group therapy to clients who were in
the State's blindness rehabilitation center.  This went on for a few years.
I developed a 6 session adjustment focused program.  It stopped when the
State's Commissioner changed.  So, for me, it was dependent on my
relationship with the blindness services director in my state.

In the early 1980's I spoke to a meeting of the State's blindness service
workers in New Jersey .  In retrospect I might have used that opening to
address the need for a program like the one you are proposing.  Which is to
say that finding a nitch in a state agency means presenting your ideas to
the state's money powers, not the local folks who have little power of the
purse.

I wish you excellent success.

JD
-----Original Message-----
From: Quinto Sanchez
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2014 3:19 PM
To: Human Services Mailing List
Subject: [humanser] pitching to the state

Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask if anyone has experience in creating and pitching a program
to the state agency working with people with disabilities. I'm in private
practice and want to develop a career counseling program and pitch it to the
state vocational rehab agency. I'm thinking it would be a program that
contains a series of counseling sessions focused on career/personal
development.  Can anyone share any insights about this or recommendations?
Thank you.

Quinto Sanchez M.A., LPC
Foundational Healing Counseling Services
Therapeutic Counseling/life coaching via Online/phone
www.quintolpc.com
www.facebook.com/FoundationalHealing
Phone: 210-245-2579     Fax: 1-(888) 496-5663