[humanser] blind people in healthcare

Kelsey Nicolay kelseynicolay1989 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 18:15:41 UTC 2014

Hello,
I am a new member of your list, I just joined today.  I am
looking at possibly working as a receptionist in a dentist
office.  If I end up liking it, I might want to go into dental
assisting or hygene.  I am totally blind, so would these fields
even be possible? If so, what kind of adaptations would I need in
order to perform the job? If not, what other careers in the
dental field would be feasible? I originally thought about speech
therapy, but that field is probably going to be very visual, so
I'm looking elsewhere at health careers.  I am thinking about
teaching too, but I hear elementary teaching jobs are hard to
come by and healthcare jobs are increasing.
Thanks,