[humanser] Electronic Medical Records and access

Dr. Chappell mtc5 at cox.net
Wed Jul 9 07:10:02 UTC 2014

Hello All,

I wanted to offer an update on the EMR status at my workplace. I am employed
at a private training hospital in a large, metropolitan city. Over the past
2 years my facility has been transitioning to a wholly electronic system
that has left me unable to effectively and efficiently complete a broad
array of my responsibilities due to inaccessibility.  Today I learned from
the accessibility resource that has been commissioned by my worksite, that I
should begin a training experience with a trainer who is familiar with the
accessibility fixes that have been implemented to make the system
accessible. Mind you, I have not yet sat down in front of any computer and
attempted access and, I will not be doing this until the first week in
August but, I am thrilled with the prospect of possibility.  I am hopeful
and will let you all know the outcome the moment I sit down with the option.

As always, I am strengthened by the knowledge of a Federation family of
support that is backing me in this battle.

Thank you for being here.

Genuinely,

Mary Tatum Chappell, Psy. D.