[humanser] Question about Privacy on this List

Alyssa Munsell alyssa53105 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 27 16:37:57 UTC 2014

Hi Ms. Gwizdala,

Thank you for your response. Yes, after searching further into the context
of my post that's public, I realized that postings on this list are made
public in the NEFB listserve archives, which is available to anybody.
However, I could be mistaken, but I don't remember anyone making that fact
known to me before I signed up. Also, I don't think everyone is aware that
everything they post is completely open to anyone in the public through a
simple Google search. I completely agree that people should be mindful of
what they post to a listserve that could include anyone; however, there is a
significant difference between information being seen by members of a
listserve and that information being available to anyone through a basic
internet search.

I did not post anything inappropriate to the listserve. Rather, I posted my
name and contact information to try and network with other blind
professionals, which is part of what this list is intended for, not knowing
that this would be made available to anyone online. This is not just a
personal privacy issue for me, but it is also a safety issue. I work in the
domestic violence field, and I cannot have my personal cell phone number
easily available online.

What do others on this list think about the public posting of all the
messages?

Best,
Alyssa