[humanser] Social work

Tabea Meyer tnmeyer174 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 04:05:28 UTC 2014

Hi there, Brianna!

Great to meet you through email! My name is Tabea Meyer, and I just
graduated from Indiana Wesleyan University (IWU) in Marion, IN with a
degree in social work and concentration in addictions counseling.

At IWU the social work department offered an Introduction to Social
Work class that I took freshman year to explore the major and
profession. Does your university offer a social work major or intro to
social work class? You might also enjoy complementary classes from
your college's psychology or sociology departments with your interest
areas. IWU offered classes in addictions counseling, and I used those
to fill in space in my schedule, as well.

I hope your college experiences are full of great opportunities for
fun, learning, and growth! All the best!

Tabea