[humanser] Sharing

Gerardo Corripio gera1027 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 18:15:50 UTC 2015

  HI guys
Yes I know this isn't a writer's list but anyway what do you think? I
share in part because of the nature of the list being HumanServices:
Life Lessons from Reiki

Reiki, as defined by Wikipedia, is "a natural alignment system that uses
unproven "universal life energy" to treat diseases and physical, mental
and emotional imbalances." Unproven? Really?
Anyway Reiki is Universal energy, either transfered via the therapist's
hands, or via long-distance, depending the degree or level, of Reiki one
has studied; as seen above, Reiki balances (or shall we say for the
skeptics, it attempts to balance) the whole self (physical,
Psychological/emocional/spiritual); either when does gives Reiki
oneself, or receives a session, the effect of calmness/relaxation in
some, from the first session or treatment, is like nothing they've felt
in a long time!; while in others, it takes several sessions or
treatments to achieve. This level of relaxation/calmness in part, is
because of Reiki's goals to reestablish the body's natural rhythms,
symcronizations that with time, and especially with all the daily
stress, gets blocked, thus permits our bodies, in all its levels as
stated above, to begin the process of homeostasis.
Sometimes life with a seeing/hearing disability, can be tough,
especially when one doesn't seem to feel belonging, or finding his or
her nitch in the world, thus Reiki, almost ten years, after my first
Reiki Initialization, has taught some very valuable life-long lessons
I'd like to share with you the reader:

1.-Don't worry! One of the Reiki Precepts states "Just for today, I will
not worry. Although worry is not always a negative phenomena, endless
worries may fill one's head, and each one bores a small hole in one's
body and soul. Letting go of worry, brings healing into the Body." Sound
familiar? how many times have you worried about something to death,
hampering your everyday life, enjoying precious moments with
family/friends? Since I've done Reiki, though I'll be honest saying I
worry like everyone else, but I've tried to not to let it bore me down,
thus (and yes I know it's a very hard concept to understand) I let Reiki
work things out in its own way, as long as it benefits all involved.
Here's a phrase that illustrates this "I let go of the negative; I'm
waiting to see what will happen best in my life; The right circumstances
and experiences happen".

2.-Why didn't it happen like I'd liked? This ties in to what I stated
above; sometimes we'd like for things to happen a certain way, thus
doing Reiki with the assumption, that things will happen like we want
them; how many times do you find yourself (maybe unconsciously) while
giving yourself Reiki, or to better understand the analogy, praying,
talking with God saying "Please help me to get a Scholarship for my
son's college education"; X or Y circumstances end up you not getting
the scholarship, and the forever familiar lethany of "Reiki doesn't
work", or "God doesn't listen to me"! This isn't how the Universe is
designed! Reiki has helped me understand this principal: Reiki, the
Universe, God or whatever you want to call it, knows what's best for all
involved; yes as I stated above, a very hard concept to
grasp,/understand but... I guess life can throw us very pleasant surprises!

3.-What a surprise! Especially when things originally planned go awry,
Reiki has a way of turning things around, or even worse/better
(depending on how one sees things), get out of our life the distressing
one, and replace it with something much much better, that changes one's
life forever! This is how Reiki came into my life; I'd had to drop out
of a graduate program that didn't fulfill my expectations, feeling
depressed/down during the days/weeks after, and I found out of Reiki,
that a class was about to start, and the rest is history! and by the
way, Reiki has changed my life in ways never thought of before!

4.-I wish: Since back in around 2003 or so, when I first got familiar
with Brian Weis's workings of via hypnosis, regress one to other lives,
part of me wanted to do something similar, but circumstances didn't
present themselves, without me realizing it until time after, without
expecting it!; nhearly five or six years later, but it happend! Some
other little things have happened in this way too. So Reiki has this way
of sometimes without realizing it at that moment, fulfilling some of our
most-desired (or sometimes spontanious) wishes! There's this saying I
really like that says, that illustrates this paragraph, "What is
destined for you, sooner or later comes into your life."; another one
"Good things are slow in coming, because what comes easy ... easy goes";
or this other one "Sometimes the key is to give time time, it takes care
to put everything in place. ".

5.-Let's return to another of Reiki's precepts "Just for today, I will
be grateful.
Be grateful from your hart inward. Inner intention is the important
element in this principle. Simple things as thanks, forgiveness, smile,
good words, gratitude can improve others life and make them happy", and
I hasten to add, make our own lives happier! Yes I understand, how
especially if things haven't happened as you'd have liked, it's very
hard to be appreciative! but things happen, as stated above, for a
reason that maybe at the time of the disappointment, we don't
understand, but that in the long-run, benefits all involved! sometimes
in ways we even ourselves never quite grasp!
So how to apply this principle? Appreciate every little thing; from
being able to breath/walk, fend for oneself; the food you eat (going as
far as to appreciate the people who grew the seeds, harvested, the
person who drove the trailer to the store, who stocked, who bought,
cooked, you get the idea". Do it for some time, and it'll become a
habbit! Another example, if you travel via plane, bus or whatever mode
of transportation, appreciate the people who built the vehicle, who is
driving, etc; I'll bore if I put more examples, but you get the idea.
So appreciate/feel gratitude, and you'll begin to feel different! It'll
take time, but you'll remember me when you begin to see subtle changes!

Reiki has definitely been a blessing! Very important life-long lessons
have been learned, and surely will continue to be learned over the years
to follow! So what do you think of the initial statement of "Reiki being
an unproven method of realigning the self? Judge for yourselves!

--
No me da miedo mañana, porque he visto ayer y me encanta hoy.
Enviado desde mi lap