[humanser] Google docs

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 02:48:51 UTC 2015

Hello,

Google docs works best with NVDA and the Mozilla Firefox Browser.
Google docs does take some time to get used to, but it is accessible
if you use the recommended browser-screenreader combination and
reference their screenreader help guide for hot key and shortcut
commands.

You can download both Firefox and NVDA easily enough if you don't
already have them installed.  Both are free and should come up with a
simple google search.  The google screenreader guide can be found at:
https://support.google.com/docs/answer/1632201?hl=en

While I certainly sympathize with the thought that it is annoying to
have to switch browsers and screenreaders to access docs, I can say
that since I stopped being stubborn so many doors have opened up for
me.  I wouldn't use google docs for years on the grounds that it was
inaccessible; I didn't want to switch from using JAWS with IE because
Google should have universal accessibility, and I didn't want to have
to learn commands just for Google Docs that I didn't already know
because I didn't have the time to do so.  Since I did stop working
under these notions I have found Google Docs to be worth the effort.
It is by no means perfect and I'm also by no means a whiz at it, but I
can at least access and edit docs a little now.

I hope this helps.