[humanser] What's a psychotherapist to do?

Paulette Vickery paulette at evickery.com
Sun Sep 27 04:36:45 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Dotty, when I was getting both my bachelors in psychology in the 1970s and
my masters in social work in the 1990s, I used RFB, as it was called then,
and readers for articles.
I had my second session with the adolescent girl today. I decided to make it
a repore building session with a few bits of therapy thrown in here and
there. It went well. We would talk about this and that and I would talk
about something she might want to put in her psychological tool box for a
few minutes, then we would return to talking. At the end of the session, she
was beginning to feel more comfortable with me and even brought up a couple
of things herself.
Can anyone suggest a book about working with adolescents? I have read
several books about doing psychotherapy with children and adults, but come
to think of it, I don't think that I have ever read an entire book
concerning working with adolescents. Thanks for any suggestions.

Paulette